Type of position:
Development & Communications Manager
Full time, 40 hours
July 1, with some flexibility
Commensurate with experience. Benefits including health insurance
Mission & Purpose:
Based in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York, Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson (NLMH) builds power for social justice through mass organizing rooted in the needs of working people and people of color. NLMH uses advocacy, civic engagement, and direct action to win concrete victories and achieve policy change.
NLMH organizes around the issues most strategic for building power in the Hudson Valley, currently with a core base of predominantly Latinx immigrants.
NLMH is a rapidly growing organization in a swing region for determining the overall balance of power in New York State.
- Volunteer organizing
- Grassroots fundraising
- Civic engagement
- Managing projects as assigned
Experiences and Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of community and/or labor organizing paid or volunteer experience.
- Experience with grassroots fundraising is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller discrete tasks that can be distributed to others.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, self-starter, and self-managed.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrated commitment to a member-led model of grassroots organizing.
- Experience in planning and facilitating meetings.
- Strong relational skills.
- Comfort being at the front of the room and as a public speaker.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture that aims for support and accountability.
- Flexibility to work independently, as a part of a team, and/or with close supervision.
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities.
- Commitment to leaning into discomfort and seeing/using challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use common word processing programs and familiarity using databases.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Volunteer Organizer” in the subject line. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position with be contacted to interview.
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and all others directly impacted by oppression are encouraged to apply.