Location: Hudson Valley (Region around Poughkeepsie, New York). For out-of-area candidates who would relocate, financial assistance may be provided.
Type of position: Full time, 40 hours
Compensation: $52,000. Excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance
Start date: Ideally mid-to-late June, but an earlier or later start date may be possible
Mission & Purpose:
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson builds the power of the multiracial working class, through elections and issue campaigns, to win a society that works for all of us instead of just the greedy few. We are one of the fastest growing grassroots organizations in New York State.
We’re hiring a Student Organizer to grow, support, and train our hundreds of interns, student volunteers, and fundraising volunteers. This role is an organizing position that requires building a cross-class, multi-racial movement of people through consistent outreach, relationship building, and facilitation of meetings and trainings.
- Organize students across local colleges as a part of our issue and electoral campaigns
- Coordinate and facilitate events
- Play a major role in our grassroots fundraising program by recruiting and managing volunteers
- Recruit and organize volunteers; including through frequent calls, texts, emails, 1-1s, and meeting facilitation
- Create agendas for, and lead, meetings and trainings for volunteers at different levels of leadership
- Solicit and cultivate volunteers and donors, including by recruiting volunteers and soliciting donors from your existing social networks
- Complete organizational outreach to cold contacts, including phonebanking 10+ hours a week several weeks a year
- Draft written communications to volunteers
- Maintain data
- Assist in other organizing and fundraising tasks as assigned
Experiences & Skill Requirements:
- Alignment with Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s mission and values and a strong passion for organizing for social change
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect, build trust and develop authentic relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to have challenging conversations around money and get people excited about moving money to build power!
- Highly organized, ability to manage many moving parts and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail
- Skilled with spreadsheets and data management
- Ability to learn and manage new technology and applications quickly
- Goal-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team with a problem solving orientation
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience with fundraising is a plus
- Experience with electoral, issue, and/or labor organizing is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
Note on COVID-19
Staff are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until the COVID-19 pandemic abates. At that time, applicants must be able to work from the Hudson Valley.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers at https://airtable.com/shrRrc9100BU5IkpY
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.