Type of position:
Full time, 40 hours
$65,000 – $75,000. Benefits including health insurance
Mission & Purpose:
Based in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York, Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson (NLMH) builds power for social justice through mass organizing rooted in the needs of working people and people of color. NLMH uses civic engagement, direct action, and advocacy to win concrete victories and achieve policy change.
NLMH is one of New York State’s fastest growing electoral and community-based organizations, and in a swing region for determining the overall balance of power in New York State.
NLMH organizes around the issues most strategic for building power in the Hudson Valley, currently with a core base of predominantly Latinx immigrants.
- Lead organizing strategy, goals, and campaign development.
- Assist in setting overall organizational strategy, goals, and plans.
- Supervise and develop the base-building organizing team.
- Coordinate with the volunteer organizing team.
- Assist in coordinating electoral campaign and civic engagement activities.
Experiences and Skill Requirements:
- 7+ years of community, electoral, and/or labor organizing paid experience.
- 2+ years of supervising an organizing team.
- Experience planning and leading campaigns.
- Excellent planner and manager.
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller discrete tasks that can be distributed to others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and accountability for a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, self-starter, and self-managed.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrated commitment to a member-led model of grassroots organizing.
- Experience in planning and facilitating meetings.
- Strong relational skills.
- Comfort being at the front of the room and as a public speaker.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture that aims for support and accountability.
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities.
- Commitment to leaning into discomfort and seeing/using challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use common word processing programs and familiarity using databases.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Experience with electoral campaigns/civic engagement is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers to email@example.com and put “Organizing Director” in the subject line. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position with be contacted to interview.
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and all others directly impacted by oppression are encouraged to apply.