Type of position:
Full time, 40 hours
$60,000 – $75,000. Benefits including health insurance. For out-of-area candidates who would relocate, financial assistance will be provided.
Mission & Purpose:
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson builds the power of the multiracial working class, through electoral and issue campaigns, to win a society that works for the many instead of the greedy few.
We are one of the fastest growing grassroots organizations in New York State. In the 5 months before the 2020 general election our volunteers made 309,000 calls and sent 1.25 million texts.
- Manage organizers, systems, and data focused on volunteer recruitment, management, and directed action; including canvassing, phonebanking, and textbanking
- Build the size and capacity of our volunteer base; create structures to empower volunteer leaders to help run our programs
- Help plan and manage electoral and issue campaigns
Experiences & Skill Requirements:
- Experience with electoral, issue, and/or labor organizing
- Experience with political distributed tools: such as ThruTalk, Spoke, etc.
- Experience with volunteer leadership development
- Skilled with spreadsheets, data, and technology
- Very well organized; excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture
- Experience with with VAN, EveryAction, AirTable, Mobilize, and/or Reach are pluses
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
Note on COVID-19:
Our priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our staff. Our entire staff is currently working remotely and we have temporarily transitioned away from field work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers to email@example.com and put “Organizing Director” in the subject line.
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.