WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNS!
DESCRIPTION: Our interns play critical roles in making Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s work possible. They do everything from everyday office work to social media management to moving dozens of their peers to action and raising thousands of dollars. Given their importance, we are looking for people who are passionate about social justice and the work of building the power we need to create a world where people and planet come before profit. We don’t expect that they know everything about what that entails, but we do expect them to have the drive to learn, take initiative, and be flexible. The work that our interns do is not always the most exciting but every task they do, from data entry to research, grows our capacity as an organization. Our internship program provides an opportunity to learn about the inner-workings of grassroots organizations, to develop practical skills through hands-on work, and to contribute to and be a part of movements for immigration and utility justice.
We have areas of work that each intern will focus on, but interns will participate in work outside of those areas in their time with us. As such, there’s no need to be a perfect fit for one position.
LOCATION: We can accommodate internships in Kingston, Poughkeepsie, and New Paltz. If an intern does not have access to a car or public transportation, we will try to organize carpools.
DATES: Internships will take place between January 27th through May 8th though dates are negotiable.
Description: Our Voter Engagement interns will help us register new voters and work to increase voter turnout by making phone calls and knocking on doors.
- Participate in weekly canvassing and tabling to register voters
- Make calls and texts to Get Out The Vote
- Assist in training other volunteers in registering voters
Description: Our Grassroots Fundraising Interns will help execute our grassroots fundraising activities, primarily our Summer or Winter drives, by recruiting volunteer Fundraising Team members and managing them through the drive.
- Weekly team meetings
- Identify and recruit potential volunteer fundraisers
- Managing volunteers through the fundraiser
- Executing own fundraising
Description: Our Outreach Interns will advance our work for immigration and social justice through building up our volunteer base.
- Conduct outreach activities (canvassing, tabling, door-knocking) to recruit potential volunteers
- Participate in phone-banking sessions to engage volunteers and increase event turnout
- Build relationships with potential volunteers through one-on-one conversations
Description: The Administrative Interns will take on a variety of day-to-day tasks to ensure the office functions smoothly and that the rest of staff has the support they need to work well.
- Assisting with scanning, copying, and post office runs
- Data entry and filing projects
- Help manage our member and donor databases
- General office upkeep and assistance
- Participating in programmatic work as needed
- Commitment to social justice and Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s mission
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- High level of flexibility to work on a variety of tasks and drive to learn new skills
- Commitment to lean into discomfort and use challenges as opportunities for growth
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to stop and talk to strangers and able to communicate ideas to different audiences
- Initiative to bring the high level of energy and attention to detail to all aspects of work
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team, and/or with close supervision
DEADLINES: Apply by January 13. If you need an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLY: Fill out our intern application here. Contact Caitlin with any questions at email@example.com or 845-481-0703, ext. 22.