WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNS!
DESCRIPTION: Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is a growing organization which requires a high level of flexibility of both its staff and interns. Our summer interns are expected to participate in all areas of our work from voter engagement to communications to fundraising. This presents an opportunity for people to get to know the ins and outs of a grassroots organization fighting for social change.
This summer will be a busy one as we prepare for our biggest fundraising drive yet (aiming to raise $150k in one week), voter engagement ahead of the 2019 primary elections (aiming to register 500 voters and make 5,000 Get Out The Vote touches), and the development of our volunteer organizing. Interns will get to learn fundamental skills of organizing for change, participate in political development, and be a critical part of one of the fastest-growing organizations in the Hudson Valley.
LOCATION: Internships will primarily be in Poughkeepsie, New York though traveling will be required. If an intern does not have access to a car or public transportation, we are likely able to organize carpools.
DATES: Internships will take place between June 4th through August 16th though dates are negotiable. Hours are also negotiable.
- Voter Engagement
- Conducting street and door-to-door canvassing to register voters and encourage community participation in the primary elections
- Making phone calls and sending texts to increase voter turnout across the Hudson Valley
- Recruiting and training volunteers to assist with voter engagement tasks
- Volunteer Organizing
- Planning and facilitating regular events, meetings, and trainings for volunteers and allies
- Building relationships with potential volunteers through one-to-one conversations
- Assisting organizers and base-building activities by filling volunteer roles, including childcare, transportation, etc
- Grassroots Fundraising
- Participating in our Summer Fundraiser by asking personal networks to donate
- Making phone calls to thank donors for contributing to our Fundraiser
- Assist with daily office tasks including data entry, preparing and mailing thank you letters
- Completing administrative and communications tasks as needed
- Contributing to research projects as needed
- Commitment to social justice and Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s mission
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- High level of flexibility to work on a variety of tasks and drive to learn new skills
- Commitment to lean into discomfort and use challenges as opportunities for growth
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to stop and talk to strangers and able to communicate ideas to different audiences
- Initiative to bring the high level of energy and attention to detail to all aspects of work
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team, and/or with close supervision
DEADLINES: Apply by April 22nd. Interviews are rolling through May 3rd. Confirmation of your placement must be by May 13th.
TO APPLY: Upload your cover letter and resume through our intern form here. Contact Caitlin Munchick with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-481-0703, ext. 22.