Location: Hudson Valley is preferred. Remote will be considered for excellent candidates. For out-of-state candidates who would relocate, financial assistance may be provided.
Reports to: Managing Director
Type of position: Full time, 40 hours
Compensation: $46,020 – $65,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance
Mission & Purpose:
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson builds the power of the multiracial working class, through issue and electoral campaigns, to win a society that works for all of us.
We are one of the fastest growing grassroots organizations in New York State.
This position will be 50% Digital Organizing and 50% Communications:
- Assist in building distributed organizing infrastructure and systems focused on volunteer recruitment, management, and directed action.
- Assist in creating content and strategies that convert digital engagement into further digital engagement and/or in-person action – particularly canvassing, peer-to-peer phonebanking, and peer-to-peer texting.
- Execute social media and e-blast strategies for issue and electoral campaigns.
- Update and maintain data.
- Execute, and assist in planning, a calendar of communications – including e-blasts, personal emails to different groups of supporters and volunteers, and daily social media posts.
- Maintain all digital and supporter engagement platforms (e.g. email, website, social media).
- Execute rapid response social media and e-blasts at ranging hours, including evenings and weekends.
Experiences & Skill Requirements:
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using multiple social media platforms in an administrator role.
- Strong ability to use common word processing programs, databases, and CRMs.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail, self-starter, and self-managed.
- Able to develop project plans to meet daily, weekly, monthly internal goals.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends.
- Able to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture that aims for support and accountability.
- Able to bring a problem-solving orientation, and use challenges to grow.
- Experience with EveryAction, peer-to-peer phonebanking, peer-to-peer textbanking, in-person organizing, video-editing, and/or graphic design, and proficiency in Spanish, are pluses.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three professional references with emails and phone numbers, and three social media posts and one e-blast (past work or sample you might write for us) to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Digital Organizer” in the subject line.
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.