This position has been filled! If you’re interested in working with us, you can submit your resume to our talentbank here!
Location: The position will be based in the Hudson Valley (Dutchess, Orange, or Ulster County)
Reports to: Managing Director
Type of position: Full time, 40 hours
Compensation: $55,000-70,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson builds the power of the multiracial working class, through elections and issue campaigns, to win a society that works for all of us instead of just the greedy few. We are one of the fastest growing grassroots organizations in New York State.
- Develop and implement short and long-term digital strategy that builds our base and advances campaign goals
- Create compelling original content, such as videos, graphics, memes, and newsletters centering our members, our organizing, and our affiliated campaigns
- Design and implement social media, paid digital, petitions, text, and email campaigns to help bring new people and communities into our work
- Plan and execute robust fundraising email campaigns in coordination with our Lead Donor Organizer
- Make and maintain a content creation and distribution daily, weekly, and monthly schedule
- Execute rapid response social media and e-blasts at ranging hours, including evenings and weekends
- Analyze metrics and set goals regarding social media interactions, email open rate, and website traffic
- Actively work with partner organizations and influencers to maximize reach and impact
- Collaborate with leadership to develop broader narrative and communications strategy
- Participate in organizational activities, including recruiting volunteers and soliciting donors from your existing social networks, participating in organizational fundraising, and taking on additional work wherever needed
Experiences & Skill Requirements:
- Alignment with Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s mission and values and a strong passion for organizing for social change
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect, build trust and develop authentic relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- 2+ years of digital campaign experience, including developing digital strategy, managing social media accounts, and creating content
- A demonstrated ability to tell stories that inspire people to take action
- Experience implementing digital campaigns that incorporate different platforms, tools, and mediums to effectively connect with different audiences
- Understanding of social media analytics tools, such as Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics
- Extensive experience using graphic design tools to tell compelling stories, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience with website management (WordPress) preferred
- Strong ability to use CRMs, preferably EveryAction (list-building, setting up petitions, sign-up, advocacy, and donation pages)
- Willingness to tackle problems, generate smart and creative interventions, experiment, and learn from failures
- Highly organized, ability to manage many moving parts and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and to drive around the Hudson Valley, Capitol District, and other regions to document key actions
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
Note on COVID-19
Staff are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until the COVID-19 pandemic abates. At that time, applicants would work from the Hudson Valley
Please submit your cover letter, resume, three past social media posts (including at least one with a graphic or video you produced), one email blast, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers at https://airtable.com/shrilGMZdaDa1JIzD
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.